Yes! I am collaborating with some Berkshire friends the weekend of Lake Fest in Monterey. August 14th through the 16th the Corner House Studio will be open to the public! We've been hard at work all year and feel that it's high time to shine and share with the world.
Please stop by Friday Aug 14th from 5-8 to meet and drink with the artists.
A friend used this phrase yesterday and it resonated throughout the day as very appropriate to use for my own endeavors as well.
Berkshire Bohemia is making a come back here in Monterey, MA. I have a collective of artists who will be showing their work along side mine in the Barn Studio. We are all super excited to be working and showing together!
Check out our fresh website to see and learn more about each individual artist.
THINK PINKand Jenny Joyce Sponsored by The American Cancer Society and The Storefront Artists A National Breast Cancer Awareness Month Art Exhibit June 22, 2009 This will be the 6th Annual Think Pink Art Exhibit sponsored by The Storefront Artists Project and the American Cancer Society’s Breast Health Team. The exhibit will be at The Colonial Theater from October 9th – 18th during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The concept behind Think Pink is to raise the awareness of Breast Cancer and to promote Light Hearted Living, the theme for this year’s art show. Last year’s event hosted hundreds of people who gathered together and honored breast cancer survivors and the talent of the artists.
Personally, I would like to support and honor Jenny Joyce who is currently going through chemotherapy.
25% of all proceeds is donated to The American Cancer Society via Think Pink. If I sell my piece, the remaining 75% is being donated to Jenny Joyce.
Here is a replica of Jenny's page on Face Book and what she's all about:
Support Jenny's Boobs!ShareFriday, June 19, 2009 at 7:41pm Jenny's FB has been Hi-jacked by Rob & April.
This is the fastest way for us to let ya'll know that Jenny is running in the Rock n' Roll 1/2 marathon in Seattle on Saturday, June 27th. While this marathon is not typically a "fundraiser", we're makin' it one! FOR JENNY'S BOOBS!
Yes, Jenny has medical insurance but this damn breast cancer is still gonna rock her checking account by as much as $20,000. So while the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Fund is a worthy cause, we would like to ask you to consider a breast cancer donation directly toward Jenny's medical bills.
Let's make this as low stress for Jenny as possible. Rob & April are gonna collect any amount that you would like to give ($100? $75? $50?) and then we'll get one lump (no pun intended) sum to Jenny. There is power in FaceBook and the friends of Jenny's we can reach through this portal. Jenny has brought love and happiness and sunshine to so many of our lives; let's show her how much we love her and want to support her through this new challenge.
Cancer picked the WRONG bitch! Jenny is gonna kick cancer's ass!
Checks can be sent (and made out) to April Rauch, 8724 Jones Place NW, Seattle, WA 98117 or email with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with Rob at email@example.com
Back in the early 90s I met Thom Ayres at Neo. Neo/Nocturna to be exact. A nightclub like non other. It almost didn't want you to know it existed, such was the shroud like quality of those who entered on Tuesdays. The more we could blend into the walls the better. We wanted to be one with the music more than the instruments did. We were mesmerized on a daily basis by bass, riffs and synthesizer. It must have been 1993 perhaps? We both deejayed at Neo, while he bartended and I waitressed. It seemed that we created a lifetime there. I still think that today. Anyway, we were both taken with the soul lifting, dream making music of labels such as 4AD and groups like Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance. Though I liked to dive in the deep end and experience the dark lushness and angst provoking of the music of Death in June, Diamanda Galas, Skinny Puppy; I could usually find Thom on the other end of the spectrum with the music of Arvo Part, Brian Eno, Harold Budd... and I think we met somewhere in the middle with Sisters of Mercy, Siouxie and the Banshees, and maybe a little of The Cult. :)
After a few years of dance and drink, Thom and I had the priviledge to become roommates. Wow.... Music, art, dance, performance art, you name it - we did it or were a part of it.
Arcanta was born in 1995 in Thom's bedroom. I was there. I heard it every morning, every noon and yep, every night. It was gorgeous. It was soothing. It was my waking dream.
After more than 15 years I have reconnected with Thom on Face Book (like so many other friends). He now lives in Oregon and just sent me one of his latest cds.
Again I am in the magical world of light, lushness and goodness.
Thank you Thom. I dance the dance of the Isadora, the dance of Pina, the dance of heart and heaven to your lyrical soul.